When you are searching for the best vacuum cleaner, the first thing that you need to do is deciding what type of vacuum cleaner that you want to go for. In fact, there are a lot of different types available on the internet with different pros and cons.
For example, in case you read about shark vacuum reviews you would know that it is one of the most powerful vacuum cleaner that can clean well on hardwood floor but it is quite heavy,
Learning about different types of vacuum cleaners as well as their benefits and drawbacks will help you to choose the most suitable cleaner for your house.
Here is the list of different types of vacuum cleaners:
1/ Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Most of upright vacuum cleaners are better than canister vacuum cleaners which have the same capacity.
- This type of vacuum cleaner is very suitable for cleaning deep and thick carpets. Furthermore, this type tends to be the strongest, which can suck in the most stubborn debris, making it suitable for spring cleaning.
- Because of its design with only one piece, you can easily store it and it will not take a lot of space in your storage room.
- This type of cleaner is relatively big and quite heavy. Some model of upright vacuum cleaner even weight up to 25 pounds. Therefore, it is very hard for you to bring a upright vacuum cleaner upstairs, making it not really suitable for house with many floors.
- Another drawback of this type is that it is quite noisy.
2/ Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Unlike upright vacuum cleaners which work best on carpets, canister vacuum cleaners work best on bare floors as well as on stairs and furniture.
- In addition, a typical canister vacuum cleaner tends to be lighter and produces less noise when it is working than a upright vacuum cleaner does.
- As a canister vacuum cleaner comes with 3 parts- a hose, a wand and a main body, it is therefore more difficult to store it in a tight storage room.
3/ Hand-Held Vacuum Cleaner
- This appliance has no cord and is very lightweight, which makes it very portable. You can use this vacuum cleaner everywhere in your house. You can also bring it to your car and clean it.
- You can use this vacuum cleaner to pick up pet hair on furniture.
- It can be easily stored and doesn’t take a lot of space.
- It is only suitable for a quick cleaning as it is not as powerful as full-sized vacuum cleaners like upright and canister ones.
4/ Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- You don’t need to operate this appliance when cleaning your house. A modern robotic vacuum cleaner will find its way around obstacles in your house easily.
- It comes with no cord. In addition to being lightweight, that makes it easy to bring this house along with you.
- This type of cleaner is not as powerful as other types of cleaners.
- Furthermore, it is not suitable to run this appliance on a shag surface.
Here are the most common types of vacuum cleaner you might come across when you go shopping for your own vacuum cleaner. In general, all these types of cleaners have their own pros and cons and some of which are more suitable for certain kinds of surfaces than the other.
I hope that with all of the advice I provide you, you would be able to make the most informed choice and pick the most suitable vacuum cleaner for your home.